First, call the police and file a report or seek a criminal protective order. The police in most all jurisdictions will help you with making the determination if a criminal protective order is required. Know that domestic violence perpetrated by a spouse may be physical, verbal or psychological, such as stalking your or sending you hundreds of emails and /or text messages in a day. Seek immediate help from the police and a counselor as well as an attorney.